If you love fish tacos even just a lil bit you’ll want to make these tasty tacos! These are great when you don’t have a lot of time to prepare dinner but you still want something tasty and satisfying. I can typically make these in about 20 minutes.
Tilapia Fish Tacos
- 4 medium tilapia fish fillets
- 1/2 tsp each of coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp of canola or vegetable oil
- 1-2 limes
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 to matoes chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- Handful cilantro
- 2 large or 4 medium flour tortillas
- First prepare lime crema by combining sour cream with lime juice from about 1/4 to 1/2 limes and cilantro (1-2 tbsp). Combine and set aside. This will be your dressing.
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, green onions, about remaining cilantro and 1/4 to 1/2 lime. Set aside to add to tacos.
- Preheat your oven broiler to high.
- Cut the fish fillets into about 10 pieces and place in a bowl.
- Season the fish with the oil, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and paprika and turn to coat evenly.
- Place the fish on a greased baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Place under the broiler and cook 4-5 minutes each side, remove from oven once fully cooked and nicely browned. Immediately drizzle squeeze of lime juice over tacos - 1/4 of a lime should do it.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for a few seconds or in oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Top with fish with the tomato, onion and cilantro salsa lime crema.