Don’t be too hard on yourself. You started the year full of hope, anticipation and of course resolutions. 2 months into the new year and as you look back at your progress – you realized you’re not tracking so well.
We’re all familiar with the S.M.A.R.T goals acronym (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely). In my humble opinion the most important word here is “Attainable”. It means really asking yourself, realistically can I achieve this goal?
In order to make your goals attainable why not start by examining the areas in your life that you are most uncomfortable with. The issues that are on your mind as soon as you rise in the morning and lay your head at night. If it’s keeping you up, then you need to tackle it head on. Here’s a list of 5 suggestions of areas that may tormenting you and holding you back:
- Forgiveness – who is that one person whom I would like to forgive?
- Reconnect – who is one person who I have lost touch with that I would like to reconnect with?
- Negative thoughts – one nagging negative thought about myself that I need to let go of
- Fear – what am I most fearful of and what steps will I take to overcome it?
- Stress – what methods will I take to de-stress and add more relaxing moments into my life
Here are a few additional links to help give you some momentum to make 2015 your best year yet!
What are some of your strategies for sticking to your New Year’s resolutions? Leave a comment below!