Frittatas are great for using up any leftover veggies and this zucchini herb frittata recipe comes together in about 30 minutes!
I love whipping up a frittata. They’re great for using up any leftover veggies and you can throw one together in 30 minutes. In this one I’m using some fresh summer herbs as well as some zucchini. I love this frittata because it’s so easy to throw together but gives the impression that you slaved away for hours in the kitchen! If I’m ever hosting a brunch making a frittata is my go to since it’s so easy to whip up.
CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO TO SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO WHIP UP!
The arrival of the warmer weather often makes us crave lighter fare instead of heavy foods that are essential during the colder months. months. You might find your appetite decrease and actually craving healthier fresh foods like fruit, salads and herbs…and the occasional ice cream cone 🙂
Speaking of cooling foods like ice cream, cooling vegetables like zucchini will help to cool and hydrate the body when exposed to warmer weather and more sun. We’ve had some blazing hot days here in Toronto so it’s important to stay hydrated. Yes I totally get it – drinking plain water can be soooo boring so give this infused water a try instead. It also has ingredients to help you achieve a flat tummy before you hit the beach!
7 Foods to Melt Your Muffin Top
Lose your belly and burn fat fast with these proven fat blasting foods!
Now let’s shine a spotlight back on zucchini for a sec since zucchini is a key ingredient in this fresh summer herb frittata. If you’re watching your weight zucchini helps manage your cravings, and also bulks up meals without added fat and calories.
Zucchinis are also high in fiber which will help to boost your metabolism. If you’re looking for more ways to squeeze in zucchini – check out this creamy zucchini soup!
Another key ingredient in this tasty summer dish is dill.
Dill is a beautiful unique herb that loves the summer sun as much as we do. It has a delightful aromatic flavor similar caraway. The bright flavor pairs well with fatty or cream-based dishes or fish. It’s perfect for those blazing summer days when you need to add a refreshing touch to a more indulgent meal.
Dill can also be used for medicinal purposes, to help improve digestion and provide your body with energy.
Zucchini Herb Frittata
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup cheese
- 1 leek [white stalks only] diced
- 1 zucchini cut into half moons [cut in half lengthwise and then cut them crosswise into thin slices to make half moons]
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- ½ cup parsley
- ¼ cup dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To a large mixing bowl add eggs salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin almond milk and cheese. Whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- Chop leeks, zucchini, mushrooms, parsley and dill and set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat
- Add leeks and cook, stirring until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in colander to cool for about 10 mins
- Spray pie plate with cooking spray
- Add cooled mushroom zucchini mixture to bowl with eggs along with parsley and dill and stir until combined.
- Pour the frittata mixture into the pan then place in the oven and bake until set, 23 - 25 minutes.