Have you ever tried to lose weight without much success?
There are many things that prevent people from losing weight. From stress and negative thoughts to trying fad diets in the market, we unknowingly make these mistakes that sabotage our goals to lose weight.
Then we struggle and lose hope because our efforts don’t include sustainable habits that we can continue doing to live a healthy lifestyle.
So, in this episode, I will be tackling 4 weight loss tips every dieter needs to know. It’s going to be a jam-packed episode where I talk about the causes of failed weight loss attempts and the reasons behind it in the hopes that knowing these mistakes might help you in your weight loss journey.
Here’s a look at what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- [02:34] Most of us struggle with weight loss because of our mental chatter. Your thoughts drive your emotions and your emotions drive your behaviors. Your mind dictates your eating choices and your urge to overeat especially when you’re not hungry.
- [02:48] Most people have developed a mindset that sabotages their weight loss efforts. An average person has about 60,000 thoughts per day and 80% of those thoughts are negative thoughts.
- [03:25] When you attack yourself with negative self talk, it puts your body in a stress response which increases your cortisol and throws in your appetite which leads to weight gain.
- [03:40] When you talk negatively to yourself, you’re changing your body chemistry which makes it tougher for you to lose weight.
- [04:17] You have the power to heal your relationship with food so that you can help yourself lose weight. Your thoughts are a part of your illness and your wellness.
- [05:22] Everyone looks for a quick fix to lose weight, not knowing that these could have long term effects on your health like slowing down your metabolism.
- [05:50] Fad diets involve eliminating foods that contain necessary nutrients, minerals and phytochemicals that your body needs. Some diets even cut entire food groups.
- [06:50] All these fad diets have one thing in common: a temporary solution to what for many people is a lifelong problem. Once the diet is stopped the lost weight is usually regained quickly since none of the diets teach behavior modification which changes why or how you eat.
- [07:14] Focusing on sustainable healthy habits is the missing link to losing weight and to make healthy eating easier.
- [08:20] Inflammation occurs when your body activates your immune system to fight infection. It can also be caused by an unhealthy diet.
- [09:03] Inflammation that often accompanies obesity may cause the body to rev up the immune system response to any infection such as COVID-19.
- [10:10] Inflammation is at the root of most if not all diseases. If you’re struggling with your weight try adding in some anti-inflammatory foods to your diet like dark leafy greens.
- [10:24] Another thing that causes inflammation is chronic stress. Cortisol is a primary stress hormone that suppresses your digestive and immune systems and places your body in a fight or flight mode. This makes you more susceptible to sickness and places your body in a dangerous alarm state. Cortisol can increase appetite and make you store more abdominal fat.
- [11:05] Increased cortisol leads to chronic inflammation in your body; and stress is the cause of all inflammatory responses in our body. When we are stressed we increase inflammation and stress hormone production.
- [12:02] It’s important to love yourself and your body as you are now. Respect and honor it for what it has gone through.
- [13:48] Respect, love and appreciate your body right now so you can feel better about who you are.
- [14:04] There is no division between what you think and how your body performs. If you want to speed up your body transformation, you need to understand the mind-body connection.
This episode is brought to you by The Shed and Shred Bootcamp!
In my upcoming weight loss boot camp. You’ll learn how to free yourself from overeating and craving junk food so that you can achieve and maintain your perfect weight forever.
The enrollment will be opening soon, but you can save your spot below! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
JOIN THE SHED AND SHRED BOOTCAMP WAIT LIST!
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
“I love the Mind Your Body Show!’’ <– If you thought this to yourself while listening, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — to get their mind right so that their body can follow!
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Each week I’ll pull a ‘review of the week’ so you may have a chance to get a shout out!
Links mentioned in this episode: