Ep#27: The Power of Passion in Health
with danny stone
What are you passionate about?
At some point in life, you might have felt drained and stressed out. You have a good-paying job, but it feels like something is missing. You might be focusing on something that isn’t for you. Take a reality check and look at where you are right now.
Danny Stone is a Best-Selling Author, Podcast Host, Author, Coach, Personal Development Teacher, and Speaker that has spoken in front of thousands of people. He is the founder of The School of Success, an online school teaching entrepreneurs how to launch and grow their businesses. His mission is to teach corporate professionals how to turn their passion into profit and make a more significant impact in the world. Danny believes that everyone has something special within them, and he wants to help them find what it is and live it out loud.
In this episode, Danny and I discuss why there is power in doing the things you are passionate about. Do what you love, use it to help others, and turn it into a thriving business. It’s a win-win situation!
Here’s a look at what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- [1:56] We try to stay the same person and figure out the same problems in our lives when usually these challenges are there to help us achieve higher levels of being or prepare us for that next level in life.
- [5:31] I had to walk my path, and I couldn’t be concerned with what other people had to say about my life.
- [7:06] In coaching people, it was more about life. It was about life experience.
- [10:42] You have to follow your own path. There is greatness within you; just seek out more out of life because you are capable of so much more.
- [14:04] When someone passes away that’s close to us that we love, I think it’s really important for us to find a way to honor that person.
- [16:04] Look beyond yourself. Whether you are somebody of faith or not, know that whoever you believe in is going to get you through this.
- [16:31] The universe isn’t working against you; it’s working with you, even in difficult times.
- [16:40] Focus on gratitude. Focus on the things that you have.
- [17:12] When you focus on gratitude, you start to see things with that lens, and you also see the positive things that are working for you.
- [18:03] Sometimes, when we’re going through challenging times, we keep it bottled up because we don’t want other people to know, or we don’t want to burden them with our problems. But, that’s what your friends and family are there for.
- [18:28] One of the ways to change your emotion is through motion.
- [18:49] When you’re not feeling well, and you’re not feeling good about yourself or your situation, movement is the thing that kind of gives us that energy, and that dopamine, and all of the things that make us feel good.
- [19:25] The thing was that working out for me, it’s not so much about the external, it’s about the internal.
- [19:56] Exercise is a huge part of mental health.
- [20:55] One of the major stresses in people’s lives is not doing work that they’re passionate about.
- [22:55] I think what happens with us is that we have forgotten how to dream and how to think big. So, when you wake up every day, you go into the motions of going to your job or school, and you forget to think beyond where you are.
- [24:57] Develop a morning ritual.
- [25:17] A morning routine is the activities and everything that you have to do to prepare for the day.
- [25:34] Your morning ritual is the activities that you look forward to that are going to help you create more peace, calm, and focus in your life.
- [26:44] Meditation can be simply finding some quiet place in your home and just sitting quietly and thinking about your expectations or what you want to happen that day.
- [27:15] A mantra is just an affirmation. It’s a set of powerful words that you aspire to be or that you know are within you that you want to bring out.
- [30:18] You have to do a reality check.
- [40:49] Once you find that idea that you’re passionate about and you know you can make money with, it’s just a matter of learning that strategy to turn it into a reality.
- [43:17] There’s something special about you, and you have to find out what it is because you owe it to the world. You can’t be selfish with your talent and your gift.
- [42:52] Everybody has a story, and there are so many lessons that other people can learn from your story.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Join the Shed & Shred bootcamp
- Read more about healthy habits from my book! Buy it here.
- Follow Trudy on Instagram!
- Follow Trudy on Facebook!
- SUBMIT A QUESTION for a chance to have your question answered on the show!
ENJOYED THIS EPISODE?
If you enjoyed this episode, the best way to support this podcast is by leaving a review and subscribing on Apple Podcasts and sharing on social media. Thank you for your support!